Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Thing #6: Online Meetings & Webinars

Here's a topic that I feel pretty good about!  I was excited to have attended the first Questar webinar last year that Polly ran pertaining to Google functionality.  It was a terrific experience.  I really appreciated the fact that I could participate from home and at a convenient time after school.  Polly did an outstanding job leading the discussion and demonstrations, and showed us how easy it was to participate and comment.

So I just made my own account on Elluminate (boy - it WAS easy!), and right now have a live conference window open that I am playing with at the same time that I write this post.  I think this is what we used last year, isn't it Polly?  It looks very familiar.

Once I get the hang of it and figure out what kind of presentation I want to upload (step 2), I'll invite a couple friends to join me one evening and we'll give it a go.  I can see where this would be a great tool to use, especially for someone like me who works as the sole librarian (heck - I don't even have a clerk!) in a one-school district.  This can be an easy, convenient, and fun way to stay connected with fellow professionals - especially for those of us who might occasionally feel isolated and a little "dis-connected" from the wider library world :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment